on Sun 17 Dec 2006 (18:09 GMT) (3243 views)
These types of vulnerabilities are usually fixed within a couple of days, so this could be no longer be working soon. The news originally was published December 12th, but it is only just starting to get the attention of the public. Here are the instructions of how to do so from liveside.net:
- Visit http://domains.live.com
- Choose "Get Started" then type in a domain of your choice eg 'test123.com', and press 'Continue'
- Choose 'Create a new Windows Live ID in your domain' then press 'Continue'
- In Firefox, go to 'View - Page Style - No style'
- Now select the @live.com domain from the drop down menu
- Important: To be able to receive emails to this account, you must login to mail.live.com with your new email address to activate it
This is an exploit, your account may be disabled if you signed up using this technique. However judging from past situations, this has not happened before, Microsoft tend to let you keep your account.
Source (orginal): Xu's Space
Source (orginal in english): Windows X's Shrine
Source (other): liveside.net
Did you like this news post? You can get all the latest articles at msgstuff.com in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below. Your address will only be used for mailing you the articles, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time. If you have an RSS reader, I recommend you subscribe to the Full RSS Feed