on Thu 20 Dec 2007 (22:16 GMT) (14088 views)
- The current beta of StuffPlug 3 can be installed using this trick. It's not 100% compatible, but it works.
- StuffPlug 3.9, to be released soon, will be compatible with WLM 8.5, but not with 9.0.
- StuffPlug 4.0, to be released somewhere next year, will be compatible with WLM 9.0, but not with earlier versions. WLM 9.0 has changed too many things internally to make a version that is both compatible with 8.0 and 9.0, so SP 3.9 will be the last version for WLM 8.x, and SP 4.0 will focus purely on WLM 9.0.
- As I'm currently in a rather nasty personal situation, none of the above mentioned release dates or spans are definitive. It all depends on how soon I get my ability to concentrate on this stuff back.
- The new major version number was mainly due to a complete overhaul of the user-interface, but as having a separate major release for WLM 9.0 makes much more sense, this user-interface overhaul will now be in 3.9 (and in 4.0 too, but it won't be an overhaul then, will it)
Beta testers have been shown ideas for the new UI and we have discussed where we want the add-on to go. Development appears to be positive and you should be getting excited for the new release (whenever that may be).
View TB's news post discussing the update
Did you like this news post? You can get all the latest articles at msgstuff.com in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below. Your address will only be used for mailing you the articles, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time. If you have an RSS reader, I recommend you subscribe to the Full RSS Feed