on Mon 15 Dec 2008 (18:46 GMT) (85489 views)
- The games activity has been redesigned (Screenshot)
- New feature: Save your shared photos
- New e-mail icon in contact list(Screenshot)
- Blocked contacts now more noticeable
- 20+ new animated display pictures and status display pictures
- New Messenger scenes (Screenshot)
- Status text contact name in contact list has been removed
- Signature sounds have been removed. It must be due to the belief that some annoying sounds could be created and the service abused. But it appears as if you can assign your own contacts signature sounds that play locally
- New feature: Your contact's latest feed is now shown in the conversation window (Screenshot)
- Redesigned sign-in layout
- Fixed the highly publicised custom emoticon bug
- New layout options (Screenshot)
- Sort your categories alphabetically or by status
- Show your offline contacts in your categories instead of a separate "Offline" category, or show them in a separate category if you want
- Show your offline SMS contacts in their own category
Compatibility note: The current version of Messenger Plus! Live does not seem to be fully compatible with this new build. We will update you with more information regarding Plus! when it's available, however most of your loved features still work (tabbed chatting, chat logging, etc).
Download Windows Live Essentials Beta (includes Windows Live Messenger)
Download the direct .exe (full) installer that will allow you to choose what to install
View additional screenshots
Download the individual Messenger installer, please note that you do need a few other components installed for messenger to run properly!
Spot a new feature or change? Comment this post or drop me an e-mail, RebelSean at live dot com.
Did you like this news post? You can get all the latest articles at msgstuff.com in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below. Your address will only be used for mailing you the articles, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time. If you have an RSS reader, I recommend you subscribe to the Full RSS Feed