on Thu 09 Apr 2009 (19:02 GMT) (2975 views)
- Instant message: Send text messages back and forth with your friends, including emoticons and web links.
- Photo sharing: Take a photo on your iPhone and send that, or grab one from your photo gallery to share.
- Stealth settings: Sign in as invisible, or change your status to invisible once you're in the app.
- Custom status message: Enter a custom status message for your friends to see. You can even include a web link with it.
- Recent conversations archive: Under Messages, tap a contact and you'll see your most recent conversation. You can type in a message from there to start chatting again.
- Special idle state: If you have to leave the app for whatever reason, like a call comes in or you click a link in an IM that takes you to Safari, the Yahoo! Messenger for iPhone app will keep you signed in but change your status to idle. That way you can continue to receive messages and provided you return to the app within ten minutes, pick up where you left off.
- Additional settings: Tap the Settings icon to change the sort order of your contact list, or to show or hide offline contacts in your list.
View a video of the app in action
Source: Yahoo! Messenger blog
View a heap of screenshots of the app at LiveSino
Did you like this news post? You can get all the latest articles at msgstuff.com in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below. Your address will only be used for mailing you the articles, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time. If you have an RSS reader, I recommend you subscribe to the Full RSS Feed